3M 5200 sealant will form a permanent watertight seal on timber treated with Smiths Clear Penetrating Epoxy Sealant. This allows you to achieve a dry bilge in a wooden boat, amongst many other uses.
It is also available in a Render Crack Repair Kit, along with Smiths Damp Concrete Primer, to form permanent repairs to cracks in rendered walls.
3M™ Marine Adhesive Sealant 5200 is extremely strong and retains its strength above or below water line. It stays flexible too allowing for structural movement. Has excellent resistance to weathering and salt water. This effectively absorbs stress caused by shock, vibration, swelling or shrinking.
3M 5200 Sealant Marine Uses
Check the marine bonding and sealing jobs that 3M 5200 sealant can handle for you: fibreglass deck to fibreglass hull, wood to fibreglass, portholes and deck fittings, motors on fibreglass transoms, under mouldings, hull seams above and below water line. Centre board trunk joints. Between struts and planking. Stern joints. Deck housing, etc. Easy to apply with manual caulking gun. Won’t sag or flow in vertical or horizontal seams.
3M 5200 Sealant benefits
- Very strong , flexible and durable adhesive
- 3M 5200 has a relatively slow-cure for a polyurethane adhesive sealant, this is because it builds up a very high-strength.
- Designed for the marine environment and permanent bonding applications in severe conditions
- Very high strength adhesive with a slow cure. Designed for ultimate long-term durability in applications where cure speed is not important.
- High performance polyurethane adhesive/sealant becomes tack-free in 48 hours
- Strong seal retains strength above or below the water line
- Excellent resistance to weathering and saltwater
- Easily applied with a manual caulking gun
- Can be overpainted
- Can be sanded
Currently we only stock the product in white and we only stock the regular cure as the fast cure can release gasses whilst setting under some circumstances.